Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Long, long ago in a galaxy far away...

I returned to Phoenix in my brother's compact car with four pieces of furniture, a small fire safe, dozens of books, two pair of speakers, eight hi-fi components, several hundred LP's, even more cassettes, and somewhat less than a hundred CDs. (Being the opportunist that he is, Brad claimed about half the CDs. Being the opportunist that I am, I did my best to stack his half with stuff I already owned a copy of). Since Lans generally listened to tapes, many of his LPs have probably only been played once (when they were copied to tape). In many cases the jackets are in mint condition and presumably the vinyl is also. I burned three Roy Buchanan LPs to CD over the weekend and I thought the sound quality was rather spectacular. But I digress... There were hundreds of VHS tapes that were mostly musically oriented. Along with many concert videos there are also many instructional videos. I think he has a Tony Rice instructional video in there somewhere but I had to leave the video tapes behind, due to space and weight limitations. Ironically, the componetry I brought DID include a VCR (I'd previously divested myself of analog video.) But I digress again... While making the decision to not bring the video tapes with me on this trip, I schnagged ONE video from his collection: "A History of Ketel One". I think I'll look into converting it to DVD.

No comments: