Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Miles Davis - Agharta (Columbia 1975)





This one comes from my collection. It kind of intimidates me at the same time as it intrigues me. It's so far out but there's a kind of rocking funkyness to it that seems to offset the free-form aspects. The vinyl was in very good condition. This double album is currently available as a two-CD set and Amazon is selling it for 20 bucks.

For the completeness of my records I'm documenting the fact that when I burned Agharta, I allowed the two tracks on the B side of disc one to run together. Even factoring that in, I cannot account for the significant differences between the track times on Amazon and the track times on my copy of disc 1.

I went ahead and purchased the three tracks on disc 1 from iTunes so I could compare the LP version with the downloaded version which I haven't yet done.

No comments: