Monday, May 5, 2008

Brewer and Shipley - Shake off the Demon (1971 Kama Sutra Records)



According to some writing on the album jacket, this LP once belonged to Sissy Jarvis (who ever that is). I don't know how I got this album but I suspect it came from Lans and is part of a collection that Lans absorbed into his own.

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_Off_the_Demon) "Shake Off the Demon" spent 3 weeks on the charts, peaking at #98 in February 1972.

This one doesn't seem to have been released on CD. I wasn't able to download track and artist information through Media Player. The condition of the vinyl isn't as good as most of the stuff I've been transcribing lately. I guess Sissy didn't have a Discwasher or Zerostat, but it really wasn't too bad. Although there aren't any break-out tracks on this album, there are some notable session musicians: John Kahn, John Cippollina, Spencer Dryden, and David LaFlamme are all notable Bay Area musicians from the 60's and 70's.

2 comments:

groovr said...

how to download??

kneelt said...

Providing this album in a downloadable form would be a violation of the property rights of the owner. This LP is likely for sale legally on eBay or elsewhere. My copy is not for sale, nor do I endorse or promote piracy.