Friday, May 16, 2008

Al Stewart - The Year of the Cat (Janus 1976)





From Collection X (see above). Astute readers will note that this album doesn't come from the front end of the alphabet (by group or artist last name) where the past several conversions have been pulled from. I was moving albums around and this one kind of got my attention. I probably haven't heard it since college. Mr./Ms. X didn't care for their albums as well as Lans and consequently, this one had some dust and a couple of significant pops in annoying places. After ripping it to Media Player, I used Goldwave to good effect to filter out two of the most offensive pops. Then I burned my archival copy from Media Player instead of making a disc copy of the CD-RW disc as I normally do. Amazon has a remastered version (but no bonus tracks) for $11.Per Wikipedia:

Year of the Cat is the seventh album by Al Stewart, released in 1976 and engineered by Alan Parsons. It features the hit single (and one of his best-known songs) also called "Year of the Cat", which runs for six and a half minutes and was co-written by Peter Wood. His other single from the album is "On the Border", which is also one of Stewart's most well-known songs. A digitally remastered version of the album was released in 2004.

No comments: