Sunday, June 1, 2008

Arlo Guthrie - Arlo Guthrie (Reprise/Rising Sun 1974)




This is one from the "Was it really worth it?" category. This cut-out album from Lans' collection has its jacket corner clipped and the disc is warped to the point where the outer track on each side of the album won't play without skipping but the inner tracks play OK. I recorded all the tracks that would play and I purchased the two missing tracks from iTunes. I had to do some shuffling around and reburning to merge the purchased tracks with the LP tracks and to burn an archival disc. The tracks that would play sounded good but the hoops I had to jump through were enough of a pain that I probably should have just bought the whole thing for 99 cents a track from iTunes or bought the album from Amazon for $18.

No comments: