Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Flora Purim - 500 Miles High (Milestone 1976)




This is one of Lans' that I always liked. Brazilian Jazz. The condition was very good on this cut-out with the jacket corner clipped. This is a live performance from Montreaux. Because the tracks tend to run together, I departed from my normal practice of putting the track marks in during the initial burn and instead recorded both sides as single tracks and then used Goldwave to rip them to my PC as MP3 I then used Goldwave to insert cue points where I determined the track marks belonged and split the two files into their 7 constituent tracks. Then I opened it in Media Player to get the track information and burn my archival copy. There is something different about this approach and I'm not particularly happy about it. The album art didn't appear in Media Player even though it appeared in the "Get Album Info" dialog. There are other even more subtle differences between how Media Player behaves with regard to this album but the basic function of listening seems to be fine. The CD can be had from Amazon for 9 bucks.

No comments: