Thursday, June 5, 2008

David Grisman - The David Grisman Rounder Album (Rounder 1976)



Now that the "undone" pile isn't hidden behind a sofa and I can easily pull any transcription candidate I want, I've fallen into pretty much of a Dawg-centric mode lately. Since I've long ago done pretty much all of my own Dawg style stuff, I'm pretty consistently pulling Lans' albums these days. The good news is it's all really good and there's quite a bit more to go. This one is currently available on Rounder's web site at $12. Oddly, when I went to download the track information from inside of Media Player, it turned up under the title "The David Grisman Rounder CD". On my transcription, the first 22 second long acapella track ("Hello") ran right into the second track ("Sawing on the Strings") and I let it go that way. Thus even though all the music is there, my copy has only 12 tracks instead of 13. As expected, the vinyl was about as flawless as I've ever heard.

No comments: