Thursday, June 19, 2008

Emmylou Harris - Gliding Bird (Emus ES-12052 - 1979)




Probably some time in the '90s, Lans put this on a tape for me. He'd put the Gram Parsons (International Submarine Band reissue) on one side and a Clarence White and the Kentucky Colonels on the other side and used this album as filler. I ripped it from that tape back in December of 06. Since it was filler, this album was missing one track. I went back to the original vinyl and re-transcribed to pick up the missing track and I photographed the cover. I once looked this album up on the net and somewhere found that there is a version which is very rare and worth a lot of money. This one is dated 1979 and so I'm assuming that this isn't the original and premium priced version. That would probably be the original release which would have been 1968 I think.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: